As You Sow’s Environmental Health Program promotes corporate accountability to ensure safe and sustainable food, agriculture, and consumer products. We advocate for transparency, to empower consumers to make healthy decisions, and for use of the precautionary principle, to ensure that new technologies and methods are not used until proven safe.
Companies with strong commitments to public and environmental health and sustainability increase their long-term value and stability, and reduce the potential for costly litigation, unanticipated regulatory changes, and reputational damage.
We work with companies to ensure that:
- Consumer products are safe and accurately labeled;
- Human exposure to hazardous or harmful components is avoided or limited;
- Product testing is thorough and sufficient;
- Corporate policies and practices are transparent and enforced;
- The Precautionary Principle is applied, and new technologies and methods are not used until proven safe.