ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
As You Sow is a nonprofit organization that promotes environmental and social responsibility through corporate dialogue, shareholder advocacy, coalition building, and innovative legal strategies. Founded in 1992, we are one of the nation's leading practitioners of shareholder advocacy, moving companies to take greater responsibility for the social and environmental impact of their operations. We mobilize investor coalitions, engage in dialogue with companies, provide technical consulting, file shareholder resolutions, and conduct unique shareholder solicitation initiatives to raise awareness and promote more responsible corporate behavior.
As the Multi-Program Intern, you will have the opportunity to support a range of As You Sow environmental corporate responsibility initiatives, including Climate Change, Hydraulic Fracturing, Recyclable Packaging, Antibiotics and Factory Farming, as well as potentially assisting on projects in our Development and Communications departments. Programmatic work will include a range of research on: corporate sustainability policies and practices, environmental regulations, industry best practices, company financials, as well as communications-related issues. The Multi-Program intern may also participate in company dialogues, report drafting, press release drafting, etc. Through this internship, you will gain insight into multiple program areas, delve into the corporate financial and sustainability arenas, and obtain a greater understanding of shareholder advocacy.
· Research corporate policies and practices related to Program needs
· Research environmental regulations, etc.
· Compile company profiles including reading 10k’s and other SEC filings
· Social media support
· Foundation and grant research
· Participate and take minutes on calls
· Other projects/tasks as they arise
· Current undergraduate or graduate student
· Resourceful, efficient internet researcher
· Background and interest in environmental issues
· Excellent research, analysis, writing, and communication skills
· Comfortable reviewing reports and sifting through detailed information
· Detail oriented, willing to complete tedious tasks if needed
· Organized, good time management, strong follow-through
· Upbeat attitude, persistent/ determined/not easily discouraged
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
· Strong attention to detail
· Independent worker, self-directed, proactively asks clarifying questions
· Able to adapt to changing project scope, flexible, easy going
3 months, 12 hour/week minimum commitment; $250 monthly stipend; school credit where available; with the possibility of extending the internship through work study or summer internships.
As You Sow’s Oakland offices at 1611 Telegraph Ave., Suite 1450, Oakland, CA (between 19th St. and 12th St. City Center BART stops).
We encourage all applicants to review our website before applying. Please send your resume and cover letter containing a brief memo of interest to email@example.com. Please include “Multi-Program Intern” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.